<body>
Monday, August 7

speaking about chem, i was reminded that some people wanted to see my gosu chem reflections. heres the unedited copy which i really handed up lowl i have the actual one w comments: "


Chem Reflections
Yap Jiawei Alexander 07S06B

After getting my results, I was momentarily shocked. After hearing that the highest was 98%, 38.5% was like shit compared to it. But when I saw that I beat some people, I was happier. Hohohoho. However I feel that I definitely could have done better.

My study technique was like this: in the first 3 weeks of the holiday, I spent it on slacking (watching world cup until 5am) and playing computer games, like call of duty 2, with an occasional glance of the chem lecture notes. I read through the notes up to introduction to organic chem by week 4. Then, I started doing other subjects. On the day before the chemistry exam, I started mugging seriously until 3.30am. I didn’t do much practicing of the ten year series, although I did do the past year papers.

My reading and occasional glance of the chem lecture notes was very ineffective. I mean all I got from it was a puny microscopic bit of concept, which I lost after a day of watching TV. I think what I really need to do is practice, but I don’t know how. I mean, to say “practice TYS” is one thing, doing it is another. Also, if I get it wrong, how do I know my mistakes?

My exam strategy was dumb I didn’t even look at the mark allocation before starting. Had I known that section A and B was worth chicken backside, I would have gone for section C first.

Also, after looking at my test paper, I realized that my greatest weakness was at answering evaluative questions like “explain in terms of bonding and structure, the difference in volatilities between iodine and diamond.” I got a zero and a wonderful comment “complete rubbish”. Also, I know what the question is asking, but my answering technique is lousy.

I have been paying close attention to lectures and tutorials so far this year and I have not slacked off thus far. I have also been a very good and obedient boy and I never do bad things in tutorials except from being a little hyperactive hohoho. However, the information that I during the tutorials disappeared in a twinkling of an eye. I should revise my work frequently.

I feel that I have difficulty grasping concepts like simple molecular structures and stuff. Also, I really really have a hard time trying to memorize the organic chem reactions like cold alkaline H2SO4. I think a table or a concept map as notes would really help me loads. Really. Im also not the type who makes notes for myself, so I would greatly appreciate if school can print good concept maps/notes for us.

I am aiming for an A for the promos for all the subjects, however unrealistic. My mama says that if I aim higher I will achieve higher. Hohoho.

I want to be the richest man in the world and own everything. Then I can buy my own soccer club and players and own the EPL like what the dumb Russian tycoon is doing.

"

teeheehee gg reflections


hello, it was nice meeting you!.
10:22 PM

p

About Us<3
07SO6Beee!

U rock. But we paper! Hah. Yes. We are better than you. ^^. Just accept it

Friends

Sorry but we are too cool to have friends.

But we have
Allies

YahooGroups!
TalkCockSummit! (:
BaTSY?
BeN
Gerald
DotVM
Xue Ting
s03l!
s06c!
s06e!
s07b!
xavier chia waituck
mashew limen
ong kah han
zhehan's best friend

Old Things

Alvin LHC!
  • March 2006
  • April 2006
  • May 2006
  • June 2006
  • July 2006
  • August 2006
  • September 2006
  • October 2006
  • November 2006
  • January 2007
  • February 2007
  • March 2007
  • April 2007
  • May 2007
  • June 2007
  • July 2007
  • August 2007
  • September 2007
  • October 2007
  • December 2007
  • November 2008

  • Credits

    Image
    Designer
    Blogger